In summer 2017 the legendary Kaltenbach Open Air, Austria’s most renowned Metal Festival, takes place for the 12th time. Following the event’s tradition, it once again takes place in front of the spectacular backdrop of the Styrian Alps nearby the small village of Spital am Semmering. For three days headbangers from far and wide will set the mood and create a unique atmosphere.
Not only has the outstandingly impressive location highlighted this festival, but also an annual star-studded billing. From August 24th to 26th the ground will be shaken by established heavyweights and ambitious newcomers.
Do not miss this extraordinary event!
Photo: © jackrock
– 35 bands on 3 days on one stage
– Thursday: doors open at 03:30 pm, show starts at 04:00 pm
– Friday: doors open at 11:00 am, show starts at 11:30 am
– Saturday: doors open at 11:00 am, show starts at 11:30 am
– Information point, located next to the entry, is open from 10:00 am until 10:00 pm
– Festival merchandise stall, located next to the entry, is open from 11:00 am until 02:00 pm
– Signing sessions with several bands, the schedule will be announced shortly
Parking and Camping
– Parking and camping designated areas only
– Separated areas for campers, caravans, etc.
– Camping site is open from Wednesday 03:00 pm until Sunday 03:00 pm
– Parking and camping at your own risk; the organizer is not legally liable for any loss, injury
– No limits for drinks and food on the camping site
– Rubbish deposit is 5 EUR each person; refund of rubbish deposit only with valid voucher
and rubbish bag at information point until Sunday 03:00 pm
– Barbecue with appropriate equipment only; no open fire!
– In case of increased risk of forest fires, barbecues are absolutely prohibited. In this case we will make an announcement on our official website a few days before the festival starts
– Conveniences store Nah & Frisch in the town centre of Spital am Semmering
– Guest house Hirschenhof in town centre (special breakfast and menu)
– Guest house Pollerus at exit Spital am Semmering in direction Mürzzuschlag
– Guest house Tom’s Hütte at exit Spital am Semmering in direction Vienna
– Taxi Paar +43 3853 258 or +43 676 42 911 16
– Collection at train station Mürzzuschlag or Spital am Semmering is possible
– Portable toilets are available for free use on the festival and camping site
– A shower container is available on the camping area for a fee of 2 EUR – on Friday and Saturday from 09:00 am until 03:00 pm
Public facilities with shower possibilities (reachable via Taxi Paar):
– Vivax Mürzzuschlag (swimming pool) approx. 7 km
– Urani Teichanlage Neuberg (pond) approx. 20 km
Food and drinks:
– Various food and drink stalls on the festival site
Clothing and audio:
– Various merchandise stalls at our trading area
Security and First Aid
– Security and First Aid team present round-the-clock
– Visitors have to obey all general security instructions
– Absolutely no weapons on the festival and camping area
– Prosecution in case of violation against other persons or equipment
– In case of violation against these orders the immediate elimination from the festival area
without any claim for damages will be conducted by the police
– You must not bring your own drinks and audio recording equipment to the festival site
All visitors participate in the festival at their own risk and shall take all reasonable measures to protect themselves and other persons from any risk or damage.
All participants are responsible for their property and the organizer accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage. The organizer is not legally liable for any loss, injury or damage suffered by any participant on the festival area!